We want our communities to thrive. We support customers by
helping them run activities to improve facilities and community
spirit on estates. We also help customers overcome barriers by
providing expert support.
Sometimes customers need a little bit of extra help. We work
with these local experts:
- Together for those with mental health difficulties
- Stonham, Cara and Family Mosaic for tenancy support
- Leeway for victims of domestic violence
- Mencap for those with learning difficulties
- MoneyWise HomeSafe for help with managing money.
Neighbourhood officers make referrals to housing support
agencies when a need is identified. They offer tenancy support free
of charge where this service is available.
We help customers manage their money effectively and
- Working in partnership with local credit unions to promote
responsible saving and provide access to affordable borrowing
- Providing financial training at our offices in Bowthorpe
- Recommending specialist advice services, including MoneyWise
- Checking that our customers receive the correct benefits
- Offering affordable loans.
We help our unemployed customers get back into work. We do this
- Organising and attending regular "Job Fairs" where
customers meet prospective employers and learn about volunteering
and training opportunities
- Offering volunteering opportunities in our luncheon clubs and
- Working with contractors to create apprenticeships for young
- Running short placements for people who express an interest
working in social housing
- Running training courses for our customers in areas like IT,
administration, arts and crafts. Our decorating courses
have provided opportunities for structured training and
- Leading the 'Changing Lives, Strengthening Communities'
partnership which is tackling issues such as: money,
employment, learning and health and well-being
- Working with Job Centre Plus to offer short work
placements via campaigns such as Norwich for
Find out more
Get in touch at email@example.com if you have an idea
for a course, would like to volunteer at our luncheon clubs or need
any further information.